Sunday, January 11, 2009

It's one of those shows I desparately wish I was a part of.
















Mad Men. It's amazing.

I've developed quite a dependence on it. I don't know how they found such a perfect cast. Everyone even looks 50s. The colors are fantastic, resembling movies and advertisements from the era. Oh, and have you seen photo shoots? I've never seen such an impressing Google Image search (let alone any impressive Google Image search, for that matter). It's incredibly witty and quotable, where the dialogue just kind of hits you, rather than being shoved in your face (see Pushing Daisies) . It has that sort of "the writers must have known the entire story from day 1" feeling (see Lost, Arrested Development), and the colors and backgrounds used are an art themselves (see Ugly Betty, only much better). You could take a still from 80% of the film of each episode, and it could be published. They threw in the controversial "gay characters" (see The Sopranos), but gave it much more purpose and it makes a dramatic reflection of the time period. Once you make it to the episode "Shoot" (Season 1, Episode 9), you may be as awed as I was at how many genius references there were to the word "shoot" throughout. And the ending to that episode was FANTASTIC.

I've already word-binged all over this post, and I'm sure I'm going to rave about this show more later, so I'll spare you for now.

Just watch it, though. You'll know what I'm talking about. If you don't, I don't know if we should be friends anymore.

Enjoy.

No comments: