Friday, May 29, 2009

Yes. Always.

















This embodies two things that I love. MySpace pics from the driver's seat of cars and "photoboming." Urban Dictionary defines said term as "Any time the background of a picture hijacks the original focus." There is an entire blog (as you might expect) dedicated to this particular practice. I suggest you visit thisisphotobomb.com (but be warned, some material may be considered sensitive).

But, also, why in the name of all things "holy" do people even begin to take pictures like this? My innocense wouldn't be scarred by the sight of that child's face if this woman would have chosen to take her picture elsewhere. Go to your (facebook/myspace) right now. I'd be willing to bet at least one half of your friends (non-gender specific) has at least one of these pictures displayed for the free world to see. My question is WHY?? What is it about the front seat of a car that makes people seem to think the aesthetic of their photo would be even remotely improved? And why in the world are you not watching the ROAD?!

Hi world. My name is _____. I'm __ years old. I live in ________ and, as you can see from my picture, I own at least the same parts of the inside of a car as half of my friends.

3 comments:

Brandt said...

Glad to see you're alive and ranting like a less scary Henry Rollins!

MacKay said...

Plus, if I were in a band like Henry Rollins, it would have a WAY better name.

Anonymous said...

Here's the real question. Why would you post that picture with your child looking like he just popped up from hell? If that kid had red hair, I would have pissed myself from terror.

Seriously.