Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Fun Stuff

My internship has been a blast, but I won't lie. There's some less-than-exciting things that come along when designing in Kaysville, UT during a recession. I thought I would acknowledge some of the more exciting jobs I've been able to work on while I've been here.

Let's go chronologically.

This was for an upcoming product by a pharmaceutical company called ZPTech. It's designed to keep yourself aligned with the earth's polar shifts or something. I dunno.

This was my first idea for the product. Very "LOST"-inspired. The three different versions were made for different things the logo could be placed on (websites, faxes, embroidery, aluminum bottles, etc.)














































Unfortunately, none of these were used. Moving on.

***

This was for a local recycling company that put at an ad in some other local newspaper. I dunno. I don't follow Davis County very well.

This was the initial sketch.
















Digitized.




















The final ad. Notice the addition of "juice" and "cola"? Gotta love Utah.






















***
Cooody. Sooodah.

Everyone at the company was asked to participate in designing soda bottle labels for "leave-behinds" that would be given to current/future clients. Here's mine:

Initial Sketches.










Digitized.











Version 1









Version 2









Version 3









Version 4 and what is probably the version I'm going to submit (or at least similar).









If that wasn't painful enough, I'll make sure to put more work on here in the future. Deal?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way cool Mackay! Looks like a productive internship this summer :)